More on Twitter
Sam Harrelson mentions my Twitter post in his daily Affiliate Fortune Cookie podcast and provides some great insight on how he uses Twitter as a communication tool. My takeaway from his recommendations are that Twitter spam and self-promoting broadcasts are the same unwanted communication as the telemarketer that calls you during dinner. Do not do it.
I have also ventured across several other great posts and examples of companies using Twitter to market their products.
- Eirik Solheim at eirikso.com provides solid Twitter tips that he has learned in his early days of using Twitter.
- Allen Stern at CenterNetworks questions Twitterâ€™s business model, but mentions that companies like IconFactory are using the Twitter APIs to drive revenues.
- Check woot and Amazon Gold Box Deals via Twitter or read about it on Read/Write Web.
Entrecard is red hot right now. On the surface, it is yet another social network for bloggers to drive traffic by swapping links. If traffic is Entrecardâ€™s only benefit, it will die out within 4-6 months. However, it is becoming its own financial economy. Here are two great posts on how Entrecard is driving for success:
- Darren Rowse has an informative interview with Entrecard founder, Graham Langdon.
- Bloggingmix discusses why Entrecard is Winning Over Blogrush.
You are not on Facebook?!
I have my ups and downs with social networking, but I enjoy the connections and believe in its business value. However, many businesses have knowingly ignored or rejected social networking. Here are the biggest objections to social networking and how you can overcome those objections when you come across a social networking naysayer.
Image of the Week
This landscape picture was taken from a hilltop outside of Cortona, Italy by me on my honeymoon.
Check out other pictures and images on my Flickr photos.
Great post! I like how you have arranged the links. I should try this, too.
Drew Maley says
Bob, congrats on your recent honeymoon. Does this mean we can expect more little Anguses in the near future?
Bob Angus says
@ Diana – Thank you for the positive feedback. I really enjoy adding a little commentary with each link.
@ Drew – Okay, you got me. That’s not a recent picture, but I just got around to uploading it to Flickr.